Sunday, April 27, 2008

Training Wrap-Up

Well my corporate training session is finally over, and for the first time in my life I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work. Maybe that's the point of the whole ordeal.

Instead of continuing to reflect on how absurd and pointless the whole thing was however, I thought I'd end on a happy note (for once). In between meaningless lectures and dispiriting "cultural education", I actually did manage to see some beautiful Korean countryside. I'd never been impressed with the landscape of this country, mostly because every town here, large or small, is a miserable shithole. But the tree-covered hills near Everland (which is Korean Disneyland, and is located 10 minutes from our massive Human Resources center), are actually quite beautiful.

The center itself was also gorgeous. And when they finally let us escape to go visit the corporate sponsored auto-museum, that was quite impressive as well. Apparently our ex-chairman used his ill-gotten gains to buy the company some kickass antique cars. which I must say was money well spent.

So it wasn't all awful, and I learned that there actually are some pretty places in this country. But none of that was enough to compensate me for the stupidity I endured during my training.

2 comments:

P5YCHE said...

lol, in order to survive korean irrational society, all you need is only patience. that must be the lesson hided in fuckin long tranning session. ;) btw it was magnificent, yr concert!

Wexford Sunshine said...

thanks buddy. wait till u get ur own training - yours will last a month!